The Blair Court Community House
We are dedicated to supporting this vibrant and diverse community by offering a wide range of programs and services that address the social,educational and recreational needs of the neighbourhood.
- Is to provide these essential programs and services to the community.
- To offer confidential support and referrals to community members.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for community members to access programs and services.
WHAT IS A COMMUNITY HOUSE?
- Community Houses are unique social service agencies located within social housing neighbourhoods making access to programs easier for residents.
- Community Houses are usually the “first point of contact” for social housing residents seeking assistance, hence the importance of these facilities in meeting the needs of the community.
- They differ from Health & Resource Centers in that Community Houses provide services mainly to their social housing neighbourhood while Health & Resource Centers extend their services to communities outside or beyond the social housing area where they are located.
- Community Houses are not Tenant Associations but there are usually tenant representatives from the social housing neighbourhood on the Community House Board of Directors.